Monday, February 27, 2012

DIY GREEN: Toy Organizers

In effort to keep organized, I have been checking out toy storage options. It seems like my daughters have every toy know to man kind in their room. We clean out the toys and donate them, but the overall amount never seems to dwindle.  


I found these great toy storage ideas that I wanted to share:



Got a huge fabric stash that needs to be used? This tutorial from Make It Perfect teaches how to make Peek-A-Boo Toy Sacks.  I really like this idea because not only is a great way to see what is in each bag; but, its also a great way to use up a fabric stash or re-use clothes that are ready to be donated.





This idea from Room Envy is great if you have lots of wall space and some old drawers or sturdy boxes.






DIY Inspired has shared a clever & crafty way to update & keep track of those tried & true storage bins.







Emily's Musings has post with several clever storage ideas. I am uber in love with the idea of designing a bed that doubles as a play place & triples as toy storage ~ 

ABSOLUTELY GENIUS!!!







If you want to support some WAHMs, I've found some cool shops that offer toy storage items that they make at home.

KidsStore has these great organizers for small toys and crayons:


 



BeepsPeeps offers crayon storage, toy car storage & some cool play mats



IronTimber offers plans to build your own toy storage.





GO GREEN ♥ GIVE CHARITY

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring www.diyinspired.com! I love your blog's eco-friendly focus. I look forward to reading more! Dinah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for the great tutorial!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting! These are some really great ideas!

    ReplyDelete